NW Mobile FEES is a subsidiary of Idaho Dysphagia Specialists, PLLC
Provider of mobile Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) in the Pacific Northwest!
Copyright © 2018 Idaho Dysphagia Specialists, PLLC. All rights reserved.
Candidates for FEES:
- FEES can be completed on any patient with signs or symptoms of dysphagia without evidence of bilateral nasal obstruction; facial, maxillary or nasal fractures; or severe epistaxis (nose bleeds).
- We will respond to yourrequest within 24-48 hours to coordinate a time to perform a FEES procedure on your patient.
- The entire procedure takes aboudt 20-30 minutes to complete.
- You will receive a detailed report with results and recommendations for your patient to implement immediately in your treatment plan. You don't have to wait for a report to be sent to you.
- A digital recording of the procedure is captured for future comparisons if required.
- Informed consent is available to provide your facility if required
Billing procedure for FEES:
- We follow CMS guidelines of Consolidated Billing established from the Balanced Budget Act of 1997
- The consolidated billing requirement "confers on the SNF the billing responsibility for the entire package of care that residents receive during a covered Part A SNF stay and physical, occupational, and speech therapy services received during a non-covered stay."
- FEES is considered a "speech therapy service" and is billed under the consolidated billing guidelines.
Risks and level of comfort associated with FEES:
- Research reveals risks associated with endoscopy are mild and EXTREMELY rare (less than 1%) with minimal discomfort
- Articles addressing comfort level and use of anesthesia